Thursday, June 26, 2008

Obama wants to (kinda) kill rapists...

Obama is the best candidate I've seen in basically, ever, that can talk about issues out of both sides of his ass in order to prevent people on either side from pigeonholing him into being defensive over his remarks later.

If he outright agreed with the ruling to ban capital punishment for raping children, hard-core conservatives would lash at him for being "soft on crime" (a stigma which always, always, always hurts a candidate regardless of the elected official's actual stance and/or voting record on crime).

By mildly disagreeing with the ruling, then making qualifying remarks surrounding that disagreement, he basically says, "I don't want to get crucified pre-election over this non-priority issue, and the judicial system already makes it stupid hard to actually carry out death sentences, so can't we just use some fucking common sense when handing out that level of judgement and let the judicial system do its job?"

Ok ok. I might be projecting my own opinion on Obama. But I'm sure he would totally agree with me.

:-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home