Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ranting Waiter Revealed!

He's been outed, as has the restaurant where he worked.

He's been guest blogging for Powells Books.

He was even on the "Today" show.

He's the Waiter Rant guy!

His blog is one of those few rare gems - funny, entertaining, well-written (I can't imagine he didn't have an editor, but who knows?). His posts totally sucked me in.

He's been blogging about his book seemingly forever (check out the UK cover!), and now that it's out and he's out, I'm just sorta smiling wistfully at the prospect of his, and his blog's, reinvention. His recent posting has been slim and mostly relegated to promotional appearances, but I don't think he'll be able to get away from the industry so easily.

I'm prophetizing that he goes on to do some food critic stuff, or maybe a food service critic at notable high-end restaurants across the country. Maybe doing some international travel, then blogging about food service-related topics in different countries and cultures. Guess like every one else (and apparently even himself), I'll just have to wait (no pun intended) and see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home